Moto G enters the Philippine smartphone market
Upon returning in the local smartphone competition, Motorola is about to release another smartphone refreshing the Moto series to fall below 9K category in the local market. The company seems to bring the 2nd generation Moto smartphones in the Philippines as today, we will be presenting Motorola Moto G (2nd gen).
The new Motorola Moto G wears a 5-inch HD IPS display panel, one that has 720 x 1280 pixels resolution with approximately 294 ppi pixel density. The display was also shielded by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 touchscreen protection just like the other smartphones that belongs to the 2nd Gen Moto Series.
Moto G has a stock 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash while on the front is a 2 MP camera shooter intended for selfies, The phone is armed with a 1.2 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A7 processor coupled with a 1 GB of RAM. On the flesh, the phone bears 8 GB of internal storage, expandable up to 32 GB via SD card.
Sadly, the phone uses a 32-bit chipset from Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 that can only support up to 3G HSPA+ network, which is a large drawback of the phone. Also, a non-removable 2,070 mAh battery pack that supplies the power could also be another point to consider which depends on the user.
Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen) Specs
- SIM: Micro-SIM
- Display: 5 inch HD IPS panel
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Android Lollipop
- Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU: Adreno 305
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 8 GB ROM, supports additional 32 GB via micro-SD
- Camera: 8 MP auto-focus, main camera supports HD video recording, 2 MP selfie cam
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 with Wi-Fi hotspot. Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, FM radio, USB OTG
- Price: Php 8,499