Custom recovery that works?
If you've just have your Flare S3 rooted properly, what comes next is to install the popular ClockworkMod recovery also abbreviated as CWM. But before anything else, there are some precautionary measures that we should do in order to successfully flash CWM custom recovery without hesitations.
If you are already a pro in rooting and flashing stuffs, you may skip this but reading this might help you answer some of your unanswered thoughts.
First thing is to gather some research about what is rooting and flashing stuffs. A few but brief background of this was enough for non-developer user.
Second, learn what and how to backup your apps most especially your ROM. This is the most important thing for anyone who tries to tweak their android phone.
How to Flash CWM Recovery in Cherry Mobile Flare S3 running Kitkat [4.4]
Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk. Any damage that may exist in your phone is not my responsibility.
Requirements: [Download links are found below post]
- Cherry Mobile Flare S3 with Root Access - [How to Root Flare S3]
- CWM recovery image
- Rashr Flash Tool
1. Download CWM recovery image and put it in you phone's SD-card.
2. Download and install Rashr Flash Tool.
3. Open Rashr Flash Tool. Tap backup. (Do the backup stuffs there)
4. Tap Recovery > Other from storage and locate the CWM recovery image: H870_140927__CWMrecovery_141226-153507.img
5. If asked to flash, tap Yes please then Reboot to recovery.
6. Once you're already in CWM recovery mode, it's done.
You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery in your Cherry Mobile Flare S3! Alternatively, you may want to flash TWRP recovery.
CWM recovery image generated from my Flare S3 v1.03 [link]