Watch out for Infinity's Kitkat Update! From Micromax Canvas Knight
For those Infinity users who waited long for the turn on getting their phone's software upgrade, well, the much-awaited and much-unexpected surprise arrives. From the popular Micromax Canvas Knight A350, give way for MyPhone Infinity's Kitkat ROM update!
Getting Kitkat ROM on your MyPhone Infinity | MMX A350
Proceeding, you will learn how to finally get a android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM upgrade on your MyPhone Infinity through getting it flashed from any custom recovery based on the popular Clockworkmod recovery and TWRP. Without further a do, here's the procedures below.
Kitkat update v.1 ROM Features:
- Based from official MTK 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM for MT6592 (A350)
- Fully Deodexed
- Init.d support
- YONIP Tweaks
Notice From the Contributor:
"Before installing, Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup."
Installation: (Credits to Rymoj Serolf)
1. Make sure to get all the things needed.
2. Put "MyPhone_Infinity_Kitkat_V.1" on your Infinity's SD card.
3. Turn OFF your phone then boot to CWM Recovery or any other custom recovery using this keys (Press Power + Volume Down + Volume Up at the same time).
5. Perform Wipe data/Factory reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress)
6. Select Install Zip from sdcard and then click Choose zip from sdcard. Browse to the location of the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for MyPhone Infinity file which you copied earlier to your phone's SD card.
7. After Successful Installation, reboot phone, FIRST BOOT my take time, be patient :)
MMX A350 Kitkat Firmware, YONIP DEV TEAM, Sir Miyer C. Bernabe of YDT
Things needed: (Important)
- Rooted Infinity - root it here
- Custom Recovery such as CWM | TWRP - here's how
- Kitkat ROM - click here to download