Another special edition custom ROM arrives on Cherry Mobile Flare S2
When Xolo Q700S firmware came to give the development of Cherry Mobile Flare S2 a hand, it offered a sudden increase of success possibilities for the tweaks to work well on the said device. That's is why having an OEM version of the smartphone with a lot of developers is a great advantage, Cherry Mobile Flare S2 is a great example.
How to get flashed Xolo-based AOSP Turbo Edition, Lightest ROM on Cherry Mobile Flare S2 with Xolo Q700s firmware?
Following the article will help you get AOSP Turbo Edition ROM installed in your Flare S2. Be sure to carefully follow what is asked and what is instructed before messing up with your device.
Disclaimer: Flashed the presented custom ROM at your own risk. Following the guide is your choice therefore, it is your full responsibility for whatever your device might came up.
Note from the developer:
This is my 1st ROM port :D
- Flare S2 must be upgraded to "XOLO FIRMWARE" don't proceed if you have FS2/Stock Firmware
- Read all info before asking
- Respect the work
- You can report bugs in a nice way
- AOSP Look and Feel
- 210 DPI
- Trebuchet Launcher
- Minimal RAM usage (good for gamers)
- 4.3 Ported Camera, no force close
- DSP Manager
- Superuser by Koush
- Minimal GApps
- cLock(CM10.1 clock and weather widget)
- CM10.1 Mms.apk
- Integrated Perfomance Control app
- CyanogenMod Calculator
- Cherryness Removed
- Google Play Edition boot and shutdown animation
- Google Play Music as default music player
- ADB Insecure
- SQLite optimization
- build.prop tweaks
- Automatic RAM Booster/Flusher
- Internet speed tweak
- sHaveged entropy generator
- Loopy smoothness tweak
Integrated apps on Settings:
- Xposed Installer
- Battery Calibration
- Terminal Emulator
- Perfomance Control
Tips and Tricks:
- Boost your RAM via Terminal Emulator, open Terminal Emulator, type su -c boost. Wait until it's finished. Enjoy the boost.
Enable RAM Swap:
- Open Terminal Emulator. Type su -c rak. Wait until the process is finished. Close Terminal Emulator. Enjoy the blazing speed!
Turn off RAM Swap:
- Open Terminal Emulator. Type su -c off. Wait for the process. Close Terminal Emulator.
- [ROM] [Xolo Based] AOSP Turbo Edition Lightest ROM [151.1MB] (download the 2 files)
- Download the files and put the files to the root of Flare S2 phone SD card.
- Boot to CWM recovery mode.
- Optional (Make a backup of your ROM if you don't have one. Follow this guide.)
- Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache, Wipe dalvic cache
- Go to Install Zip from SD card
- Choose AOSP Turbo Edition.zip and proceed to install and wait until it's completed
- Once done, do Wipe data/factory reset
- Again, go to Install Zip from SD card
- Select Storage-CameraFC-FIXED.zip and proceed to install and wait until it's completed
- When done, reboot the system.
Camera Fix: Try to use Stock Camera from Xolo, or download 3rd-Party apps from Google Play Store.
XDA-developer, Alkane Mallari, Kards Le Sharpeye, Xolo Groups, Sa nagbabayad ng kuryente namin & to all who help me (Reymar) to build this port rom :D