The much-awaited Kitkat update for Cherry Mobile Omega Spectrum arrives
If you are one of the Cherry Mobile Omega Spectrum users, I'm sure you are not going to miss out this newest Cherry Mobile treat, the Android KitKat 4.4 software upgrade. Currently, Android version 4.4 known as Kitkat is the latest android version from which officially came out on the month of September 2013. Now, it came to Omega Spectrum just this month and a lot of users mobbed the service centers aiming for a Kitkat 4.4 update on their owned Cherry Mobile Omega Spectrum.
How to update Cherry Mobile Omega Spectrum to Android Kitkat 4.4
Disclaimer: Do at your own risk.
Note: Backup all your files including contacts, apps, images, musics and videos, and your files in your internal storage, phone storage and SD card.
Android Kitkat 4.4 Key Features:
- New Look, Refined Design
- Improved Overall Performance (Multitasking, Rendering)
- New Awesome Features Added
Important: Your Omega Spectrum must have Stock Recovery not custom recovery installed. Follow this guide how to get back to Stock recovery.
Additional Notes: After getting the Kitkat update, most mods made for Cherry Mobile Omega Spectrum running Jelly bean 4.2 may not work or might even brick it. You need to wait for the devs to release mods made for CMOS running Kitkat 4.4.
1. Download Omega Spectrum upgrade here: http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/phoneupdates/spectrum/H600_Kitkat4.4_ota.zip
2. Insert your SD card to your Omega Spectrum.
3. Copy the H600_Kitkat4.4_ota.zip to your SD card using a micro USB cable plugged in to your computer.
a. Please do not unzip the file. Just copy and paste it to your SD card.
b. Please make sure that is the only .zip file that is on the SD card ( to be sure have your SD card formatted and delete the folders and files on your SD card except the H600_Kitkat4.4.zip ).
4. Turn off your Omega Spectrum.
5. When the Omega Spectrum is turned off. press the power button + volume up button for 5 seconds you will feel a vibration.
6. Choose english. To navigate, use volume up to scroll up and down to scroll down and press the power button to confirm.
7. Navigate again using the volume up or down button to select "apply update from external storage". Press the power button to confirm.
8. Navigate again using the volume up or down to "H600_Kitkat4.4.zip" and press the power button to confirm.
9. The upgrade will start, there will be yellow phrases. the last phrase will be "Install from sdcard complete".
10. Navigate again using volume up or volume down to select reboot system now press power button to confirm.
11. There will be a prompt that "Android is upgrading" please wait until it is finished. Upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2 version of Omega Spectrum is now completed.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Omega Spectrum to Android Kitkat 4.4. Enjoy!
Source: Cherry Mobile