Backup ROM, how important?As always reminded to you when flashing mods or ROMs, you are the only one responsible for anything you have done on your android device. Tweaking a stock android software corresponds the risk from which you are the only one to decide whether to take the risk and continue or not.
For a knowledgeable android user, taking risk is normal. Why? Because they have already prepared for anything worst to happen, they could easily fix anything and redo the process. As long as the user prepared a ROM backup of his own device, he can fix most any android issues and problems that may possibly occur on his device after making some changes or tweaking it.
How to backup ROM and restore it? Thanks to ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery
I highly recommend all android users who wants to tweak and mod their android devices especially their handy smartphones. Thanks to the developer of ClockworkMod recovery, most users enjoy a lots of modifications on their devices having less worries.
Now, I am inspired to share the easiest and the mostly-used method of creating a backup ROM, how to do it and restore it on any circumstances. Follow the guides below:
Disclaimer: Always flash at your own risk.
Things you need:
- Rooted android device - If you don't have it, follow this guide on how to root.
- ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in the device
How to backup ROM using CWM Recovery
1. Reboot android device to CWM Recovery mode. You can use any apps to reboot your device to recovery or the combo keys when powering which varies from device.
2. When in CWM recovery already, go to backup and restore.
3. Select Backup. (If you understand other options, you can do advance backup)
4. Wait until the device is done backing up, it will state Backup complete or something like that.
5. Done. Reboot normally and the backup will be stored on the device storage /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/(backupdateandtime-folder)
6. Check the backup folder and you will see the partitions and the whole working ROM state. Copy the backup to your computer and put it to somewhere safe.
How to restore ROM backup with CWM Recovery
1. Prepare the working ROM backup that have been created previously from backing up on CWM. Put it to ClockworkMod folder from the root of Sdcard "/sdcard/clockworkmod/(paste the backup folder here)"
2. Reboot android device to CWM Recovery mode. You can use any apps to reboot your device to recovery or the combo keys when powering which varies from device.
3. When in CWM recovery already, go to backup and restore.
4. Select Restore. Find the backup that you wish to restore, /sdcard/clockworkmod/(the backup folder)
5. Wait until the device is done backing up, it will state Restore complete or something like that.
6. Done. Reboot normally.
6. Done. Reboot normally.
I hope this helps and will reduce your worries when flashing something and trying out mods.
Big credits to XDA