What is Scatter File?Scatter file, in android terms, is a file used to describe the loads of regions in a specific android device running MediaTek's ARM architecture. Usually, SP Flash Tool needs scatter files to read its loads to revive an android from bricking or for other flashing stuffs. Read Microsoft Glossary for more info.
If you have worries and confusions on how to create or make your own scatter file for your android devices, this article might at least help you to solve it.
Easy steps how to make a scatter file for any MTK android deviceThe steps are applicable for android devices with:
Mediatek MT6595, MT6592, MT6589, MT6582, MT6577, MT6572 chipsetsTo create a scatter file, we have to prepare all the requirements to ensure we can successfully make one without any trouble. In this case, we need the following:
- From your android device, enable USB debugging. Check if it is enabled on your device Settings - Developer options
- Connect your android device to you computer via USB cable. Drivers must be loaded automatically since you have drivers installed from PdaNet.
- From your computer, run MTK Droid Tools application as administrator (except for Windows XP).
- Wait for MTK Droid Tools to load your android device's info. Just wait few seconds.
- If the tool is done loading your device, click Blocks Map.
- A new window will appear, click Create scatter file.